Act 20/22 Solutions is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Act 20/22 Solutions Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Act 20/22 Solutions website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
Act 20/22 Solutions collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Act 20/22 Solutions also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Act 20/22 Solutions. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Act 20/22 Solutions for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Act 20/22 Solutions Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Act 20/22 Solutions public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Act 20/22 Solutions does not read any of your private online communications.
Act 20/22 Solutions encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Act 20/22 Solutions so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Act 20/22 Solutions is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Act 20/22 Solutions and Act 20/22 Solutions family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
Act 20/22 Solutions collects and uses your personal information to operate the Act 20/22 Solutions Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Act 20/22 Solutions also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Act 20/22 Solutions and its affiliates. Act 20/22 Solutions may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Act 20/22 Solutions does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Act 20/22 Solutions may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Act 20/22 Solutions may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Act 20/22 Solutions, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Act 20/22 Solutions does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Act 20/22 Solutions keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Act 20/22 Solutions, in order to determine what Act 20/22 Solutions services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Act 20/22 Solutions to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Act 20/22 Solutions Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Act 20/22 Solutions or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Act 20/22 Solutions; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Act 20/22 Solutions, or the public.
The Act 20/22 Solutions Web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Act 20/22 Solutions pages, or register with Act 20/22 Solutions site or services, a cookie helps Act 20/22 Solutions to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Act 20/22 Solutions Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Act 20/22 Solutions features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Act 20/22 Solutions services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
Act 20/22 Solutions secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Act 20/22 Solutions secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
Act 20/22 Solutions will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Act 20/22 Solutions encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Act 20/22 Solutions is protecting your information.
Act 20/22 Solutions welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Act 20/22 Solutions has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Act 20/22 Solutions at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.[/fusion_tab][fusion_tab title=”Disclaimer”]
Please be advised that Act 20/22 Solutions is a privately-operated website intended to promote public awareness of and education regarding Puerto Rico and its tax incentive programs, but does not represent and is not the website of the Puerto Rico Department of Economic Development and Commerce or the Government of Puerto Rico.
Important Legal Information:
Nothing on this Website should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction. Nothing contained on the Website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice nor is to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
No Reliance on Information contained:
While Act 20/22 Solutions and its operating partners use reasonable efforts to obtain information from sources which it believes to be reliable, the company makes no representation that the information or opinions contained on the website is accurate, reliable or complete. The information and opinions contained in the website are provided by Act 20/22 Solutions for personal use and informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. Generally accessible information such as quotes on stocks and exchange rates are considered temporary and non-binding. A quote does not constitute an offering or a solicitation of an offer to buy.
Act 20/22 Solutions has not and does not review and monitor any of the websites linked to the Act 20/22 Solutions website and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of such websites nor the products, services or other items offered through such websites.
Limitations of Liability:
In no event, including (without limitation) negligence, will Act 20/22 Solutions or any of its operating partners be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including (without limitation) any direct, special indirect or consequential damages, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such damages, arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in or linking to other sites from the Act 20/22 Solutions website.
It is prohibited to copy, up/download, distribute, transmit, display, publish, license or use any content, graphics, software code and user interface design or logos of the Act 20/22 Solutions website for commercial or public purposes.
The information and opinions contained on the Act 20/22 Solutions website are provided without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
The past is not necessarily a guide to the future performance of an investment. The value of investments may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount invested. Changes in rates of foreign exchange may cause the value of investments to go up or down.
Local Legal Restrictions:
The Act 20/22 Solutions website contains information on a wide range of international financial products and services. Some of these products are subject to restrictions in some countries. These restrictions apply.[/fusion_tab][fusion_tab title=”Acceptable Use Policy”]
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets forth required actions and practices, as well as those actions and practices that are unacceptable and prohibited, respecting the use of any product or service created, developed, sold, licensed, delivered, supplied or performed by Act 20/22 Solutions, whether directly or through another party, and under a signed agreement or otherwise (each a “Act 20/22 Solutions Product”). This AUP is written to protect the interests of public and private entities and individuals providing services on and using the internet, and the reputation and goodwill of Act 20/22 Solutions with such parties, and Act 20/22 Solutions intends it to be interpreted for such purpose.
Each entity and individual providing services with or using a Act 20/22 Solutions Product (“User”) agrees to abide by this AUP. Agreement is made by: (a) signature on this document or another document referencing the Act 20/22 Solutions AUP; (b) electronic means on a website or URL; and/or (c) written or electronic means provided with delivery, or on installation or use of, a Act 20/22 Solutions Product or Service. By any such action, User agrees: (a) it has read and understands this AUP; (b) it will ensure its personnel and affiliates and customers authorized to use a Act 20/22 Solutions Product, if any, agree to and abide by this AUP; and (c) it is responsible for violations of this AUP by any entity identified in subparagraph (b) of this paragraph.
User shall notify Act 20/22 Solutions of any known or suspected violation of this AUP by an entity or individual, using the then-current business and/or technical contact information established between Act 20/22 Solutions and User.
1. User may not use a Act 20/22 Solutions Product to directly or indirectly send, transmit, handle, distribute or deliver: (a) unsolicited email (“spam” or “spamming”); (b) email to an address obtained via Internet harvesting methods or any impermissible electronic collection of address or other information; or (c) email to an address that is incomplete, inaccurate and/or not updated for all applicable opt-out notifications, using best efforts and best practices in the industry, nor may User assist in any such actions, nor engage or enlist another to do so.
Email is not unsolicited within the meaning of this AUP if it complies with all provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act) , 15 U.S.C. sec. 7701 et seq.
2. In addition, and without limitation to any preceding paragraph, User may not directly or indirectly send, transmit, handle, distribute or deliver any email using a Act 20/22 Solutions Product (nor assist in any such action, nor engage or enlist another to do so) with content, or in a manner that: (a) is threatening, abusive, harassing, or defamatory; (b) is deceptive, false, misleading or fraudulent; (c) is invasive of another’s privacy; (d) contains vulgar, obscene or indecent material; (e) infringes a third party’s intellectual property right(s); (f) violates export control laws and/or regulations; (g) violates the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by User’s use, including without limitation any ISP, ESP, or news or user group (and including by way of example and not limitation circumventing or exceeding equipment use rights and restrictions and/or location and path identification detail); (h) is legally actionable between private parties and/or (i) is in violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, including without limitation the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act) , 15 U.S.C. sec. 7701 et seq.
3. In addition, and without limitation to any preceding paragraph, User warrants that each email sent by or for it using a Act 20/22 Solutions Product shall contain, for User and any entity on behalf of which it is providing any product or service: (a) current and accurate full legal entity name, full and accurate detail in the header and respecting any other identifying and contact information provided by User, including without limitation respecting domain name(s) or URL(s); (b) an advisement that the recipient may unsubscribe, opt-out or otherwise demand that use of its information cease for unsolicited or otherwise impermissible and/or inappropriate communication(s) as described herein; and (c) information on one or more methods by which the recipient may notify User of its election to unsubscribe, opt out or otherwise demand that use of its information cease for unsolicited or otherwise impermissible and/or inappropriate communication(s) as described herein. User warrants it shall comply promptly with all opt out, unsubscribe, “do not call” and “do not send” requests.
4. User agrees not to use a Act 20/22 Solutions Product in connection with conduct that, whether intentional or unintentional and with or without a disruptive or malicious manner, intent or purpose, impacts the normal functioning, operation, privacy, integrity or security of another’s account(s), domain name(s), URL(s), website(s), network(s), system(s), facilities, equipment, data, other information or property, or business operations, or gains unauthorized access to, or uses, monitors or makes an unauthorized reference to, any such item(s) without such party’s express prior consent. Examples without limitation of such prohibited actions include hacking, spoofing, denial of service, mailbombing and/or sending any email with that contains or transmits any virus or propagating worm(s), or any malware, whether spyware, adware or other such file or program.
5. In addition, and without limitation to any preceding paragraph, User warrants each email address provided by User to Act 20/22 Solutions for use by Act 20/22 Solutions in providing a Act 20/22 Solutions Product complies with the preceding paragraphs. User acknowledges and agrees Act 20/22 Solutions has no liability to it or any other party for use of any data or information as provided to Act 20/22 Solutions by User for the use for which it was provided.
6. User agrees, except to the extent express prior written permission has been given for any such use, not to use any name, logo, tagline or other mark of Act 20/22 Solutions or a Act 20/22 Solutions Product, or any identifier or tag generated by a Act 20/22 Solutions Product: (a) as a hypertext link to any website or other location (except as provided for or enabled expressly by Act 20/22 Solutions), or (b) to imply identification with Act 20/22 Solutions as an employee, contractor, agent or other similar representative capacity. User also agrees not to remove or alter any such items as may have been provided or enabled by Act 20/22 Solutions.
7. In addition, and without limitation to any preceding paragraph, User agrees that this AUP applies to any voice or message to mail, fax to mail, mail to fax or other voice or text note or message that utilizes the internet or email as a part of transmission in the path from origination to delivery in any medium.
8. Breach of this AUP is grounds for immediate revocation of license and termination by Act 20/22 Solutions, for cause, of the agreement governing the license or sale of the Act 20/22 Solutions Product(s). User acknowledges Act 20/22 Solutions may disclose information regarding User’s use of Act 20/22 Solutions Product(s) to satisfy any law, regulation, government request, court order, subpoena or other legal process; provided that if it is not prohibited from keeping the disclosure secret, it will notify User of such required disclosure.
9. Act 20/22 Solutions reserves the right to supplement, modify, amend or supersede this AUP, notifying User via e-mail or a partner or user portal, or by posting a revised copy on the Act 20/22 Solutions website. User agrees to review the AUP on a regular basis and remain in compliance at all times.[/fusion_tab][fusion_tab title=”Tax Advice Disclosure”]
Tax Advice Disclosure
Act 20/22 Solutions is not engaged in the professional practice of rendering tax advice. Nevertheless, we believe it appropriate to advise you that, pursuant to federal regulations imposed on practitioners who render tax advice (”Circular 230″), any tax advice that may be construed to be contained herein is not intended, written or made available to be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service. To the extent that it may be construed that advice is or is intended to be used or referred to in promotion, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement, the regulations under Circular 230 require that we advise you as follows: (1) the information contained on this site is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on a taxpayer; (2) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed by the written advice; and (3) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer’s particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.[/fusion_tab][/fusion_tabs][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]